Monday, March 18, 2013

234. Blog Anniversary

     As of today, it's been a year since I began this IndyGenealogy blog. It has been an interesting trip so far, and the future looks bright. Who would have imagined that there would have been 233 genealogy items to write about in just one year in and around Indianapolis?
      Thanks to those of you who have signed on to follow me and to all of you who have visited over the past 12 months.
      Actually, all of this started in 1956. I registered in my West Virginia high school for Journalism class and was amazed to find that I really enjoyed writing and ferreting out stories and events. My instructor, Mr. Robert Porter, seemed to approve of my writing skills, as he submitted several of my writing samples, and I was elected to Quill and Scroll, the national honorary society for high school journalists. [A proud moment in my school career--one of the few!]
      So, let us charge ahead into a second year and see how it goes. I spy lots of interesting items on the horizon. Stay with us and keep up to date with IndyGenealogy!

1 comment: