Monday, April 8, 2013

247. Miscellaneous Monday

A. Had a good time in Lafayette on Saturday. First time I ever heard Harold Henderson present a program. His analytical skills for genealogy documents make me feel like a real slacker!

B. Going to attend the Friends of the State Archives meeting tomorrow. I will report on anything new that comes up. I have no great hopes for a new building. Maybe if we called it the "Indiana Basketball Arena and State Archives."

C. I toured the new location of the Genealogical Society of Marion County on Thursday with several other members. Looks like it's going to be a fabulous place to research. Lots of growth room, too.

D. If you are thinking of doing research at the Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library downtown, they have a new snack bar vendor that is up and running. Go, coffee!

E. I understand that the IGS Hendricks County Probate Work Session on Saturday had so many volunteers that they ran out of work to do. Now isn't that a good problem to have? Volunteers are the lifeblood of genealogy, and I hope everyone out there is setting aside some time to get involved. Go, volunteers!

F. Found a new website the other day with lots of goodies. It's called Genealogy Inc. and it's at http://www.genealogyinc.com. Give a look see.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment