German Genealogy Resource Night
Indiana Chapter Palatines to America
a German Genealogy Society—Researching German- Speaking Ancestors
Hilfe mich!—Help me! Kostenlos—Free!
Eagle Branch – Indianapolis Marion County Public Library
3325 Lowry Road
1 block east of Georgetown Rd.; 1 block south of 34th St.
PROBLEMS? / QUESTIONS? / CAN’T SPEAK GERMAN? / OTHER ISSUES?
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT GERMAN RESEARCH? Come and receive free assistance!
WONDERING WHAT TO DO FIRST (OR NEXT)? Pose your question to the panel
CAN’T READ GERMAN DOCUMENTS? Obtain translation references
OTHER PROBLEMS? Get some one-on-one guidance
LEARN FROM THE PROBLEMS FACING OTHERS!
· Write up your research problem on a piece of paper to read to the panel—2½ minute time limit to present. Include your name, address, phone and e-mail.
· Panel of experienced researchers—as well as your fellow peers—will respond with suggestions to pursue to further your research. Response time will be determined by the number of people attending.
· Above process will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis (sign-up sheet upon arrival).
· If there is additional time remaining after everyone has had an opportunity for a presentation and response, we will start at the top of the list again for a different problem or further response to initial problem.
· All presented questions will be collected for possible further follow-up following the meeting or for use in our chapter newsletter. We will seek permission to use presenter’s name, if published.
· Questions can be pre-submitted via e-mail, but will be answered in order of arrival at the meeting.
NOTE: You do not have to be a member of Palatines to America to attend
QUESTIONS: Contact Kent Robinson (317) 299-5760 firstname.lastname@example.org