Sunday, December 1, 2013

354. Genealogists are multi-dimentional time travellers

   OK, I admit it--punning is my favorite form of language wordplay. My journalism teacher was always saying that we need to be more serious here. So sue me...
   My point is that genealogists function comfortably in more than one dimension. They live their lives in the present; they research many hours in past; and they are totally convinced that what they do is for future generations.
   I, of course, agree--like, totally, man. So, as we enter this holiday season, do at least one toast to yourself and to all the genealogists you know who are passionately trying to uncover the hidden past and make it known to tomorrow's people. We are the bridge from there to there. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment